It's cranberry season! Add some color to your Thanksgiving spread with this beautiful no sugar added cranberry tart.
1 cup Impact Keto Wheat Flour
¼ cup Impact Monk Fruit & Allulose Blend Sweetener
¼ tsp Impact Utah Mineral Sea Salt (Fine)
½ cup cold butter cubed
½ tsp vanilla
Cranberry Curd -
12 oz fresh cranberries
1 cup Impact Monk Fruit & Allulose Blend Sweetener
Zest and juice of 1 orange
4 oz butter
2 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
1. To make the crust, process flour, sweetener, and salt in a food processor until combined. Add butter and process until mixture is crumbly. Add egg and vanilla and pulse until the dough starts to clump together.
2. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and form into a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
3. Meanwhile, make the cranberry curd. In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sweetener, orange zest and orange juice over medium heat. Simmer until cranberries have burst, about 10 minutes. Using an immersion blender, blend until mixture is smooth (you can alternatively press the mixture though a mesh sieve).
4. Whisk the butter into the warm liquid.
5. Put the eggs and egg yolks into a bowl and whisk. Slowly add 1 cup of the cranberry mixture into the eggs and stir to combine and temper the eggs. Then add the egg mixture to the remaining cranberry mixture and stir to combine. Heat mixture until thickened, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out crust until ⅛ inch thick. Place in a tart pan and trim edges. Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
7. Once crust is cooled, pour in cooled cranberry curd. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 min. Refrigerate before serving.